Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: any sql injection bypass on filters?

From: Joe Peters <joepete () joepete com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:35:12 -0400

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 04:35 +0800, Jacky Jack wrote:
If I change its parameter value to a value other than "ASC", "DESC",
the application issues a generic sql error starting with "You have an
error in your SQL syntax".

So, in this situation, can the application still be assumed as
vulnerable to sql injection?

If you are causing an error on the sql server, then I would say yes. The
app should only be passing only valid values/commands to the database.
If you are able to get the database to throw an error, then
conceptually, if there is a vulnerability on the database server, you
could exploit it.

--
JoePete