Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Attack Server

From: "phillip () bailey st" <phillip () bailey st>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:55:50 +0200

Check this,

http://blog.metasploit.com/2010/05/introducing-metasploitable.html

Phillip

On 09/08/2010 05:04 PM, Kurt M. John wrote:
Hey Guys,

I got another one for you. I'm looking to create a combination
attack/testing server. The idea here is to have a server than can
perform remote analysis and attacks (and perform such services as tftp).
The server will also double as a testing server. Ideally I'd like to
have a few VMs on there such as Damn Vulnerable Linux (for training) and
Windows Server 2003 (for fine-tuning attacks before launching it against
client systems).

Currently the server has the following hardware specs: 4gigs of ram and
1TB of space.

If you guys have any suggestions or links/documents which offer a good
setup for what I described that would be great.

Initial software I'm thinking includes:

Windows Server 2003
VMWare Workstation
      Helix     Backtrack4     Damn Vulnerable Linux     Windows XP, 7

Thanks Guys

Kurt M. John, CISA, C|EH, CPT
http://www.applisoft.net

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org

- --
(Spsa) Snorby Preconfigured Security Application:
http://bailey.st/blog/snorby-spsa/