Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Nmap NSE ftp-anon

From: Abuse007 <abuse007 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:23:54 +1100

Review the source of the script. Is it meant to dump the directory listing or just report anonymous access is possible?
(I haven't checked myself)

On 05/11/2010, at 12:50 AM, "Doyle, Jason (10090)" <jason.doyle () protiviti com> wrote:

Hello,

I was curious to see if anyone has been able to get Nmap's ftp-anon.nse script to actually list the content on an
accessible ftp server. I've tried various ftp server versions and, although the script detects anonymous access, it
won't list the contents.

http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/ftp-anon.html

Here's the Nmap syntax I've tried:

root@bt:/scripts# nmap -sV -sC -p21 192.168.0.1

Starting Nmap 5.35DC1 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2010-10-26 15:02 EDT
Nmap scan report for 192.168.0.1
Host is up (0.00091s latency).
PORT   STATE SERVICE VERSION
21/tcp open  ftp     FileZilla ftpd 0.9.36 beta
|_ftp-anon: Anonymous FTP login allowed (FTP code 230)
|_ftp-bounce: bounce working!
MAC Address: 00:0C:29:99:74:11 (VMware)
Service Info: OS: Windows

root@bt:/scripts# nmap --script=ftp-anon -p21 192.168.0.1

Starting Nmap 5.35DC1 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2010-10-26 15:03 EDT
Nmap scan report for 192.168.0.1
Host is up (0.00032s latency).
PORT   STATE SERVICE
21/tcp open  ftp
|_ftp-anon: Anonymous FTP login allowed (FTP code 230)
MAC Address: 00:0C:29:99:74:11 (VMware)

The tested FTP server does contain content. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason Doyle
Senior Consultant
tel: +1 813.348.3385 fax: +1 813.348.3455
jason.doyle () protiviti com
www.protiviti.com

NOTICE: Protiviti is a global consulting and internal audit firm composed of experts specializing in risk and
advisory services. Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on
financial statements or offer attestation services.

This electronic mail message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and privileged information. Any views, opinions or
conclusions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of
Protiviti Inc. or its affiliates. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, copying, retention, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender
by reply email message to the sender and delete all copies of this message. Thank you.

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org