Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Utilities to scrub LAN trace files

From: Abuse 007 <abuse007 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:22:45 +1000

Hi Terry,

There are tools available to convert all of the ip addresses to
rfc1918 addresses. I'm not sure if it modifies DNS names or embedded
IP addresses. I'm away from my computer so I can't grab the name of
any, but have a google for something like anonymize trace and pcap.

I'd go through the results to check for things like that. Depending on
your needs you may need to write your own.

Cheers