Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: People are bad at trust.... new article

From: Pete Herzog <lists () isecom org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:21:05 +0200

Jeff,

My take on just why we are doing horrible at , isn't due to a lack of
smart people or the technology to create. Its good old American
procrastination, some call it laziness.  Quicker, less buttons, and

I think laziness is an international thing ;) But it's not why we are bad at trust. We are actually wired to be good at it but so many things corrupt and cross those wires that by the time we are 7 years old, we already have a poor foundation for doing it at all.

Our best hope to fix this is to learn again how to trust by knowing the right reasons to trust. This is crucially important to ANYONE who works in security.

-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete () isecom org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies