Penetration Testing mailing list archives

VPNs and double encryption

From: Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonzalez () yahoo es>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:03:44 +0200

Dear all,

As I have already mentioned here I'm doing an online course in Security. My final assignment or project is to design (but I have decided to go further and implement it) a VPN for a small office which in theory would have HTTPs I've chosen OpenVPN for my tests. My tutor mentions that I should realize that using a VPN and https can be a problem when it comes about slow connections. I have used in the past some VPNs at work and using https and I haven't realized such problem (and I was using wireless connections in hotels).

Any tool or guidance that I could use to measure if there is such impact on performance?

  Thanks!

  Miguel