Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Nessus, Harmful?

From: "Swaminathan, Balaji" <Balaji.Swaminathan () kla-tencor com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:19:44 +0530

You can disable the Dangerous/Denial of Service (DOS)plugins or enable
Non-Dos depending upon the version of Nessus you are using. If you know
your target type, you can confine only to the related plugins for
scanning. Enable safe checks. Number of Parallel SYN checks and ICMP
Ping can be reduced. These are the things that I know which we need to
keep in mind so that we doesn't crash the target.

Let us wait for even more better ideas from others.

Regards,

Balaji Swaminathan .M