Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Nessus, Harmful?

From: lukasz () piatek pl
Date: 11 Jan 2010 18:21:23 -0000

Hi.

As long as I have been using Nessus (for about 7 years) I never noticed such problems. The truth is that Nessus can
cause certain law related problems if used in inappropriate manner (certain in depth scans can trigger IDS/IPS alerts
which may lead to prosecution -- you may be taken as a intruder). If you want to do it legally do not bother about any
unintentional DoS.

Regards,
Łukasz Piątek

http://blog.lukaszpiatek.com