Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wireless IDS

From: Todd Haverkos <infosec () haverkos com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:44:03 -0600

Etienne Maynier <etienne.maynier () gmail com> writes:

Hi everybody,

I'm working on Wireless IDS , how does it work and is it really efficient ?
But for the moment, my reasearches are not very good, there is few
documentation on this subject.

Do you know if this technology is really used in companies nowadays ?
Are there free/commercial products often used in companies ?
Furthermore, if you have documentation about it, it would be usefull forme.

These should get you started, from the two most common names I hear in
this space:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/#wireless-for-network_management
        http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9817/index.html

http://www.airmagnet.com/products/enterprise/