Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Pen-Testers needed for student comp in 678, 770, 404 area codes

From: jblanto5 () kennesaw edu
Date: 19 Feb 2010 03:03:33 -0000

Good Day Everyone,

I am a student and full time employee at Kennesaw State University.  We host an event on a regular basis called the
Southeastern Cyber Defense Competition (SECDC).

This year we will be hosting teams from seven different universities in the Southeast.

We give each team the same scenario:

Corp X just fired all their IT staff and your company (Team) has been hired to take over IT operations.  The teams are
allowed time to inventory, configure, and secure their systems.  We then have teams of pen-testers (Could Be YOU) come
in and attack them.  They are graded on up time, disaster recovery, logical defenses, injection, policies,
administration and several other areas.

Preparations for the competition are moving forward, but we are having problems locating pen testers.  We have a good
relationship with PWC and some of the other folks in the area, but it is during a work week on March 7th and 8th.  This
can make it difficult anyone. For this reason, the shifts have been broken into 4 hour blocks.  If there is any
pen-testers in the Atlanta area that could donate time to a very worthy cause please respond to this post.  I am still
getting details on exact times.  This competition is a lot of fun for everyone involved and great chance to network.

Thanks for taking time to read this long post.

James@KSU