Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Source code auditing

From: Oliver Kindernay <oliver.kindernay () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:01:31 +0100

2010/2/15 Yasser Al-Ruhaili <yasser.alruhaily () gmail com>:
Hi,

I think OWASP Code Review book is a good starting point for source code
review.

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_64/5678000/5678680/13/print/5678680.pdf

for complete list of OWASP books:

http://stores.lulu.com/owasp

Thanks, I'll check it. Sorry, I have sent you this email twice.

2010/2/15  <danuxx () gmail com>:
I think she was not talking about the power of metasploit (which no doubt is poweful and magic!!) but the easy-to-use
interface to exploit vulnerable systems.
So that script kiddies do not need to know what EIP or Pop+Pop+Ret means in order to compromise a system.

My 2 rupees :-)

I was not talking about exploit vulnerabities, but about DISCOVERING
it in source code. Something what can make it easier.