Penetration Testing mailing list archives

CEPT

From: abigdeale () gmail com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 22:21:20 +0000

No offense, but I was with you until your sentence ended with average salary. If you doing pentesting because you are
chasing money then you are missing the point. Its about 'out-thinking' your opponent and stopping him/them. Geez. Its
like years ago when mcse was a 'hot' cert and we got involved because we love the technology. But along came people
that heared they can make money by having a cert, effectivly rendering - "everyone having one" and then the chase of
"having enough certs" started.

Sorry if I took it a bit personal, but I am also looking in making pentesting a lifestyle. I'm definately not in it for
the money, but for the satisfaction of a successfull test.

abigdeale
Int.Dipl I.T Engineering
And an arm lengh full of other certs
South Africa