Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: A L0phCrack Alternative

From: "Saif El Sherei" <SSherei () npcegypt com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:30:07 +0200

Hello,

Well it depends on the method you're aiming to follow John the ripper tries to break the hash which can take allot of
time depending on the password complexity settings. You can also use rainbow tables which I think lophtcrack  uses,
which stores password hashed on the rainbow table file and then try to match the input hash to one in the rainbow
table, which actually is allot less time consuming if you have a good hash table file.

Regards,

Saif
OSCP

Sent from my iPhone.