Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Automatic web application security profiling

From: Volker Tanger <vtlists () wyae de>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:00:55 +0200

Hi!

Am Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:52:01 +0530
schrieb D Adusumalli <asndpp () gmail com>:
Open source web proxies BURP, WebScarab have spidering ability.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:12 AM, John Beck<jbeck59 () hotmail com> wrote:

I am about to start an application layer security assessment of a web
application and I am searching for a quick method of identifying "most"
of the inputs of a JSP/tomcat web application (remotely, without source
code access).

Burp, WebScarab et al. don't summarize form usage - if you have a
search form on each page, every single page will be listed as form.
:-/

Thus I wrote the "Thekla" spider for exactly this purpose
        http://www.wyae.de/software/thekla/

It consolidates all forms and their resulting action CGI interface as
well as parameter-laden URLs into neat text/CSV files.

I fyou use it, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Bye

Volker

--

Volker Tanger    http://www.wyae.de/volker.tanger/