Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Firebird pentesting

From: Steve Friedl <steve () unixwiz net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:27:08 -0700

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:26:40PM +0400, Taras wrote:
In one of last pentests I found network accessible Firebird DB with DBA
default account. But I can't found any clients for Linux for
FB/Interbase :( Couuld you advice something to connect and make query to
FB from Linux? What pentesters point of view will be interesting in such
access?

The installers for Linux are easy to find:

        http://firebirdsql.org/index.php?op=files&id=engine_205

The "isql" command lets you connect, though note that the ODBC
package often includes an "isql" too. This installs in /opt/firebird.

Steve

--
Stephen J Friedl  | Security Consultant |  UNIX Wizard  | 714 694-0494
steve () unixwiz net | Orange County, CA   | Microsoft MVP |  unixwiz.net