Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Software to create IP Packets

From: Justin Rogosky <jrogosky () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:30:11 -0400

Not sure about that (i.e. I couldn't find it on the nmap site
(insecure.org)) but I did find :
Top 4 Packet Crafting Tools
http://sectools.org/packet-crafters.html

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 22:08 +0100, Robin Wood wrote:
2009/9/16 M.D.Mufambisi <mufambisi () gmail com>:
Hi

WHat software, freeware, can i use to create IP Packets, setting flags
etc? I need to use this in my test lab to demonstrate some concepts to
trainees.

I can't remember the name but there is a new app as part of the nmap
suite that does the same job as hping2 but also allows you to see the
traffic in much more detail. Fyodor was talking about it on a recent
episode of Securabit.

Robin

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org