Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Penetrating a MySql Server

From: "Adriel T. Desautels" <ad_lists () netragard com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 21:41:46 -0500

If you have read permissions, then you can read the error log. If its a PHP based application, which it is, then you can inject a one-line PHP backdoor into the error log by making a "bogus" request against the server. Then the next time you read the error log, your PHP will execute if you do it right. We've used that technique on many occasions to get a shell... works very well. :)

Does that make sense?