Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: True Source Code Analysis for Security

From: John Kinsella <jlk () thrashyour com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:36:11 -0800

Note to self: Always trust "white papers" that say things like "This is not a sales-pitch."

Maty, could you cite examples "many" vendors you're talking about? Otherwise this has little value and cannot be vetted.

Regarding your "Non Linking Code" example, there's a reason we want the libraries so we can accurately compile the code - with the code sample given, external libs could be filtering either user input or the sql statements.

I'm writing this as somebody who has used several major SCA tools - a quick glance of your company's site looks interesting, but right now I feel like I'm being marketed to.

John