Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: LAMP and postfix-dovecot security

From: "Claudio \"BlackFire\" Criscione" <blackfireml () securenetwork it>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:52:06 +0100

[...]
 shell, if only to improve my Linux knowledge. If I start using web
 management interfaces, I won't really understand how things work and are
 being secured/changed, I will only presume that they are. I never trusted
 Windoze wizards because I did not know what they did underneath.

I can't but agree. It really depends on which kind of infrastructure you're
managing, but if you are handling only a small amount of advanced users, go
for the shell! :)

I am testing in stages, ensuring each layer is securely configured before
 adding a new layer. The pdf to which you link is very good, all the
 information and more that I gathered from several sources is here all in
 one place, I wish I had come across it sooner.

You're welcome ;-)