Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Facebook from a hackers perspective

From: "DokFLeed" <dokfleed () dokfleed net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:53:54 +0400

Interesting Post,
There is a concept which is common in Military "EEFI Essential Element of Friendly Information" so really for military, it's a different game However, corporates are becoming aware of such risks and new policies are being issued such as Social Networks Policies etc.. Greynets ( Social Networks, Web2.0 etc) + P2P + IM are the new threat to Information , specially if you consider Information Assurance not just Information Security. I have seen "Social Network Security Program" services starting, and products aimed to these kind of threats but they will be all rendered useless without a strong awareness campaign

But at the end, you are totally right, you can easily target the weakest link on the security system "a non aware user"

Cheers
Dok

----- Original Message ----- From: <bariswinston () yahoo com>