Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Testing SFTP over Java based App

From: rajat swarup <rajats () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 00:02:24 -0400

Hi Ramiro,
Plenty of things you can check for:
1. Arbitrary host redirection (i.e., the application should not allow
you use this as a port-scanner ...name a host and a port, see if that
works...you may end up port-scanning the DMZ >:-)
2. Since this is SFTP, see if you can MITM it in some way and how the
Java based SFTP client handles this change of signatures.

There could be a ton of other tests too...but these seem most lethal to me :-)

cya,
rajat.