Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Tools for pen-test

From: Jamie <jamie.munford () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 06:51:01 +0100

Have a look at

www.indianz.ch

Regards,

On 04/06/2009, Ti <tabacco2000 () alice it> wrote:
Hi Etienne,

Etienne MAYNIER wrote:
I'm looking for tools for pen-test. Can you recommend me tools ? Do you
know website presenting comparison between them ?

- Some interesting things:

http://www.vulnerabilityassessment.co.uk/Penetration%20Test.html

- VoIP oriented sec tools list:

http://www.voipsa.org/Resources/tools.php

Maybe you could use BackTrack[1], a nice distro with a lot of sec tools.
BT Tools list:

http://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/Tools

I already found the top 100 of insecure.org but I'm looking for more
informations. How to choose one tool instead of another ?

I think you have only one way to choose a tool. The only way is to test
it on your own. The experience is the best advisor.

[1] http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack.html

ciao,

--
Francesco Matarazzo

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually
do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full
practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org