Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Running Ring3 command from Ring0 in Windows?

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:50:56 -0400

Hi Jun,

OSR or microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel might generate more responses.

NtCreateProcess and the native Ps* functions should be of interest.
Unfortunately, my knowledge of the way software components interact is
based more on a standard Windows model. For example, a driver and user
land program communicating through standard IPC such as sockets,
completion ports, memory sections and signaling with events, etc.

Perhaps Hoglund or McGraw have written something interesting on root
kits that may peak your interest.

Jeff