Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Automatic web application security profiling

From: John Beck <jbeck59 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:42:08 -0400

Hello List:

I am about to start an application layer security assessment of a web application and I am searching for a quick method
of identifying "most" of the inputs of a JSP/tomcat web application (remotely, without source code access).

Are any of you using any free / open source / custom tools to accomplish this that you would be willing to share /
recommend?  Do you know of any usable solution to automatically create a site map that could be included in a paper
report?

Essentially I'd like to be able to use a free tool to spider the application and end up with a list of end points to
test manually.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jeff