Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: is JSP&servelet web app SQL Injection Free?

From: David Howe <DaveHowe.Pentest () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:30:47 +0000

salamond wrote:
Hi, all.

I'm new to pen-testing.

Just finished my tour with a couple of tools:
webscarab
sqlmap
ratproxy

But it shows OK for every page that I've been through.

I went through a couple of SQL Injection tutorial, and most of them
are focusing on
php or asp pages.

So here's my question, it may sound stupid, but
is there no SQL Injection problems in JSP&Java sevelet web app?

sure. however, there are no practical differences between not sanitizing
input on php/asp to not sanitizing input on jsp/perl/ruby/whatever

most of the differences are to do with the backend sql engine, not the
active content language.