Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Web Application Scanners Comparison

From: anantasec <anantasec () googlemail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:06:17 +0200

I'm glad I could help.
Yes, this is also my opinion: A tool is only as better as the person using it.
The results from these scanners should be reviewed by a knowledgeable human.
These tools are designed to help (not replace) a human.

It makes me smile when I read on some vendor website: Our tool
"Assures PCI Compliance including 6.6". An automated tool would never
do that.