Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Getting Break into Pen testing Industry

From: vijayvkvelu <vijaykumarvelu45 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:58:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello Vinox,

Im not sure whats your real name is .

I am a C|EH,ECSA,LPT working in a BIG Firm as Penetration Tester. As i
Understand as per your above message you are having all possible Technical
Skills to be a Penetration Tester and IT industry is not ready to accept you
am i right ?

My questions for you :-

Being a C|EH can you tell me wat have you tried to show the IT industry that
you are capable enough to be a Ethical Hacker or Penetration Tester??

My suggestions :-

Blogging - where you can get some visiblity.
Being a part of Open source example OWASP,WASC etc etc. would help you where
the company's can come behind you and your skillsets.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me .

Thanks

Vijay
" IF experience was so important then we would have never had anyone on
moon".