Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Government RFID busted

From: "Dr. Lizzz" <dr.lizzz () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 21:38:58 -0800

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Prodigi Child <prodigi.child () gmail com> wrote:
I agree that having RFID chips in IDs is a bad idea (Imagine a terrorist in
Beirut checking his scanner "Hmm 5 Americans in the area.. let's go
hunting!") but is a 'war drive' to read the RFID tags from the passports
really useful? It's one of those "duh" things like a study trying to
determine if bears **** in the woods.

Chiming in late here, but my thought is that war driving for RFID
protects me.  Plausible deniability and all that.  "I didn't go to any
of those places, my chip's been cloned, officer!"

Rain chips on Beirut and dilute the target value, if that's a concern.
Mark the natives for extra entertainment value.

lizzz