Penetration Testing mailing list archives

inject bogus HTTP response in HUB environment

From: whistlingdixie <whistlingdixie () mailinator com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:18:59 -0800 (PST)

I am testing an open WLAN that utilizes application layer authentication
after association.  The user associates and gets an IP address, but to
"access" the network the user must open a browser and go to any HTTP
website, which results in an HTTP redirect to  HTTPS://<IPADDRESS>, where
IPADDRESS is a some component of the wireless infrastructure.  This server
returns an HTML form for authentication.  I want to influence that very
first redirect. Long story short...is there a tool that will work in a HUB
environment (i.e. no ARP tricks) to inject a bogus HTTP response?  I want to
redirect to my test machine and present my own form.