Penetration Testing mailing list archives

The Official Training Guide for New Superheroes

From: Pete Herzog <lists () isecom org>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:23:44 +0100

Hi,

ISECOM was asked to give a seminar at CERN in Switzerland this
September showing how to measure the Attack Surface of any target and
what to do with that information. At the time, I was working on new
material for Hacker Highschool which used comic book superheroes to
explain security testing. So I used a superhero theme with this
presentation and focused on how you can use ISECOM research and the
OSSTMM 3 to be better than the average human at security.

The actual slides are more pictorial however may be difficult to
understand without narration (problem the Möbius Defense slides had).
These are the hand-out slides and are available now here:

http://www.isecom.org/events/The_Official_Training_Guide_for_New_Superheroes_CERN_2009.pdf

This presentation has since been refined a few more times and has been
very successful at explaining new security methods to non-security
people in management. So if it also helps you out, please let me know
as we're considering publishing a handbook version of this with more
detail.

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete () isecom org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies