Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Software to Correlate traffic from various devices

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 23:32:29 -0400

A top-poster (http://idallen.com/topposting.html) named mhellman () taxandfinance com wrote:
Been hearing that a lot lately, but seen no facts to support. Our Cisco
reps keep saying it isn't so.  MARS certainly isn't officially EOL.  I've
been hearing about something called Crossbow that supposedly combines CSM
(device management) with something like MARS, but no roadmap as of yet
from Cisco.

Care to share any supporting info you have about the death of MARS?

I think most people are just *hoping* it goes away. Cisco doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to security. Networking, yes. Security, no.

Randy