Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Alisse

From: GomoR <gomor-pt () gomor org>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:25:39 +0200

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 02:55:18PM +0200, Christine Kronberg wrote:
Nmap says it is a windows pc.
unfortunately it is the only open port on the system and we can not
determine neither the OS or the business role of the system.

  Have you tried xprobe2 against that host? When performing external
  pentests I usually use both programs to get an idea about the
  system. Xprobe2 evaluates the answers from icmp echo request and time
  stamp requests along with the answers from probes to some udp and
  tcp ports.

When fingerprinting a one open port only system, SinFP is
the tool of choice. And for all other cases, you can also
use SinFP.

http://www.gomor.org/sinfp

--
  ^  ___  ___             http://www.GomoR.org/          <-+
  | / __ |__/               Research Engineer              |