Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Vulnerability Research

From: "M.D.Mufambisi" <mufambisi () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:51:32 +0200

Hi People.

Can someone please enlighten me on how vulnerabilities are found. Say
for instance the netapi remote code execution vulnerability (MS08_067)
How is it discovered? Trial and error? Reverse engineering the netapi
dll? It would need a thorough understanding of the internal workings
of the dll wouldnt it? Please enlighten me.

Regards.

Munya