Penetration Testing mailing list archives

White box pentesting

From: dimkovtrajce () yahoo com
Date: 30 Sep 2008 08:24:22 -0000

Hi pentesters,

i am planing to spend a considerate time of my phd (3 years) on developing a model/algorithm/tool that will help pen
testers during white box penetration testing where they look at physical security of the building as well as pentesting
when they are allowed to use social engineering. Before I start, i would like to know:

1. How often do you do whitebox pentesting?
2. How often are you pentesting physical security as part of the test?
3. how often are you allowed to use social engineering as part of the test?

It will help me decide if i should continue working on this field, or switch to another.

Thank you in advance,
Dimkov