Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: OOO FLAME

From: natron <natron () invisibledenizen org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:29:37 -0500

 Quote:
 "Let's take Ray's tangent and run with it. What (if any) ways are OOO
 messages useful from a pen-test perspective? How would you use the knowledge
 that someone is away/on vacation in a pen-test?"

 One of the more useful OOO messages I've seen on a PT was where it
 informed you of the direct line to the Help Desk.  "If you have any
 trouble not covered by the above, please contact the help desk at
 555-5555."  Hellloo, social engineering.