Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Securing Insecure SMTP

From: "Zed Qyves" <zqyves.spamtrap () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:50:40 +0300

Hello,

It is not as easy as forwarding the connection as you still have to
pass the SSL negotiation on the server side. As such if the client
only speaks "pure" SMTP and does not cater for the SSL initialisation
part you will not have any luck with port forwarding.

Try STunnel (www.stunnel.org) or google for ssl proxy instead.

Best Regards,
./ZQ