Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: What's a good IRC Channel to go to for hacking advise?

From: James Eaton-Lee <james.mailing () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 05:05:44 +0100

Chip Panarchy wrote:
Hello

Just wondering if you knew of a good IRC channel (and server) that
you'd recommend I go to for hacking advise.

Just like mailing lists, there's a big choice out there. Freenode (irc.freenode.net) has a decent handful of security-related channels, as well as general technology-focused channels (Full Disclosure, though - I'm a staffer on the network, although I wouldn't promote it if I didn't think it was a good fit for you 0:)

A few decent starter channels on the network are ##security, ##networking, and #cisco, all of which seem like they're broadly ontopic for you. There are some other security channels you might be interested in as well like #remote-exploit (home of the backtrack livecd distro) and #webappsec.

If you're interested in programming, ##java and ##c++ are probably worth a try too.

Good luck! :)

 - James.

--
  James (njan) Eaton-Lee | UIN: 10807960 | http://www.jeremiad.org

   "All at sea again / And now my hurricanes
   Have brought down this ocean rain / To bathe me again"

 https://www.bsrf.org.uk | ca: https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3