Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pen Testing

From: Matt - MRS Security <matt () mrssecurity com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:09:03 +0100

Patrick Fitzgerald wrote:
Does anyone know of a pen testing company named Sklar Technology
Partners, whether it be positive or negative? What should we be
looking for in a security company? Is it common that a security
company would need rights such as domain admin rights to perform an
audit on the network? Any resources that you could suggest would be
helpful.

Thank you.

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

www.cenzic.com/landing/trends-report

Hi,

Usually if we cannot obtain domain admin credentials during testing then we do request them i.e. create a new domain admin user specifically for us with a strong password and delete at end of testing.

This is normally to obtain patch listings to add to reports and that is all.

Usually you do not require to hand out credentials; its at your discretion.

Matt.