Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Nessus Report Question

From: "Kevin Reiter" <KReiter () insidefsi net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:31:42 -0400

Trevor Little wrote:
: Hi Everyone,
:    I've been reading this list for a while now, but this is my first
: post. I am having a little trouble getting nessus (version 3.2.1) to
: do what I want it to. If I run it without any port scanners enabled,
: the only information I get back is about port 22 and 80 and there is
: some descriptive information about each. When I run the scan again
: with a port scanner enabled like the "Nessus TCP Scanner" I see a
: couple extra ports open in the results (that's good) but I'm missing
: the extra descriptive information on all ports, including 22 and 80
: (that's not so good). The extra descriptions aren't very insightful in
: this case, but my boss wants them. So far Google hasn't been able to
: answer this one for me. How can I get ALL this data in one report.
: Hope you guys/gals can help. Below are the text versions of the two
: reports:
:
: Thanks,
: Trevor
:

<rest of message snipped for brevity>

This would be better addresed on the Nessus mailing list:

Nessus mailing list
Nessus () list nessus org

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information and is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed.  If you are not a named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail or act
upon the information contained herein.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail
by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.