Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: spidering of webapps

From: "Andre Gironda" <andreg () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 23:14:03 -0700

Burp Spider is the best option.  It is extremely powerful and can be
extended if necessary.  The balance between manual guiding (with forms
and authentication - especially when using the full Burp Suite and
passing information between panels) and automation is near perfect.

That being said, wget does support SSL and for mirroring it works
really, really well.  The --html-extension flag helps with CGI, PHP,
and other non-html file conversion, and the --convert-links makes it
easy to access the content locally for later inspection, potentially
automated.

Cheers,
Andre