Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: OSCP

From: "Michael Condon" <admin () singulartechnologysolutions com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:29:38 -0600

"wHaT to0L dO I yEwS" is an understandable question, considering that "some" CEH training covers tools that honestly aren't that good, or are outdated. And if one program reports an OS detection of a router and another reports Apache/probably running on Linux, it's not legitimate empirically to report just one result. Gut feelings/experience can't be scientifically replicated. And some of the software out there that is not free/open source is really not too good either.