Penetration Testing mailing list archives

R: Wireless Pen Test

From: "danilo.cordoni () libero it" <danilo.cordoni () libero it>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:43:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

you can break WPA2 encryption in the same way as you can break WPA (for
example using Airodump, Aireplay and Aircrack).
Like WPA, WPA2 creates fresh
session keys on every association. The benefit is that the encryption keys used
for each client on the network are unique and specific to that client.
Ultimately, every packet sent over the air is encrypted with a unique key. The
ability to avoid key reuse and provide unique, fresh encryption keys is a basic
tenet of good security practice and is why both WPA and WPA2 offer such good
security.

So, is enough to choose a very secure preshared key to secure WPA or
WPA.

I hope this is helpful for you.
Danilo