Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Source Code Audit Tool for Linux

From: "Serg B" <sergeslists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:38:37 +1100

Hi Luis

I know Fortify SCA does it...  It is on the (very) expensive side though.

I don't know of any free tools that will provide the same coverage.

  Serg

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Luís Miguel Silva <lms () ispgaya pt> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could point me to a source code audit tool for
Linux.

I want to audit some C/C++ code and would like to know if there is any
magical tool that will do "run time analysis", test for
race conditions, format strings, sql injection, protocol tests [ie: define
part of the protocol and let the audit tool try and break the application],
etc etc etc.

Does such a magical tool exist? :o)

Thanks in advance,

--
Luís Miguel Ferreira da Silva
Instituto Superior Politécnico Gaya

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

www.cenzic.com/landing/trends-report