Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Taking my name in vain and fun security stuff

From: Paul Asadoorian <paul () pauldotcom com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 10:05:26 -0400

I've been playing around with the new Nessus release and really like it.
 The coolest addition is the new "nessuscmd" tool, which lets you easily
run nessus from the command line.  I showed an example on the last podcast:

http://pauldotcom.com/wiki/index.php/Episode106 ("Tech Segment: Probe, Exploit, and Crack for Free")

I used the "nessuscmd" to scan for an MS06_040 vulnerability, then metasploit to exploit and deploy SAM juicer, download LANMAN hashes, and use john to crack them.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Asadoorian