Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pentesting tools for Linux IP Tables

From: "Jamie Riden" <jamie.riden () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:52:10 +0000

On 18/03/2008, Vedantam sekhar <sekhar56us () yahoo com> wrote:
Hi Group,

 Are there any tools available to conduct the
 Pentesting the strength of the Linux IP table
 configuration file. What i have in my hand is the IP
 table config file.

 I am looking for a tool like RAT which takes the
 router config file as the input and details the
 configuration mistakes.

The best tool for this job is your brain. Seriously.

Otherwise, if you're pressed for time, stick the config on a box of
yours, put listeners on all ports[1] and then nmap it.

cheers,
 Jamie

[1] or add snort rules as appropriate (alert <attacker> any -> any any ...)
--
Jamie Riden / jamesr () europe com / jamie () honeynet org uk
UK Honeynet Project: http://www.ukhoneynet.org/