Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Application Security

From: "Meenal Mukadam" <meenal.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:37:13 +0530

Hello Frederick,

To start with you could get mozilla addons. The advantage of having
these addons is that they make your life easy. (atleast they made my
life easy :)  )

You can download addons like hackbar, access me, sql inject me, xss
me, webdeveloper, greasymonkey, foxyproxy, tamper data, fire bug,
quick proxy, IP Geo-location, whois, show ip, stealther, WASP, Xpath
checker, etc. These are a few good addons that'll give you the needed
information on the fly.

Then there are many tools that are already mentioned by Philippe
Rivest. I would like to add to that list. For port scanning angry ip
scanner, super scanner, etc. Wikto which has both google hacks &
Nikto's database. Accunetix & Watchfire for WebApp security. For
generating a wordlist for brute forcing Brutus is an excellent tool.
Webscarab is my personal favorite when I'm doing a Penetration test.
Gamja, obiWAN, BiDiBLAH, sitedigger, metaspoilt, viewstate decoder,
blackwidow & ntoinsight are few other tools that'll help ya.

BackTrack3 has been released. Even that could be of great help to you.
Wish you all the best....

Cheers!

Meenal A. Mukadam