Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [DoS SMTP] Informations needed

From: "Durga Prasad Adusumalli" <asndpp () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 18:14:42 +0530

The simple and best method is to check for DoS related exploits based
on version of mail server and attempt them.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:13 PM, John Mason Jr <john.mason.jr () cox net> wrote:
MikeM wrote:

Hi pentesters,

Is there is somebody that give me advices on How test Denial of Service
for SMTP servers? What kind of fuzzers can I used? Are there methodologies
or something like that?
I have to improve 2/3 SMTP servers (Exchange 2003 & Lotus Notes 6-7).

Thanks a lot in advance,

MikeM

Look at the Antivirus scanner(s) for DOS vulnerability

John

Top 5 Common Mistakes in Securing Web Applications
Get 45 Min Video and PPT Slides

www.cenzic.com/landing/securityfocus/hackinar