Penetration Testing mailing list archives

hiding netcat from AV

From: James Kelly <macubergeek () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:35:15 -0400

Hi
I'm researching the various ways to hide netcat from AV

The most success I've found is with an idea I got from the new Syngress netcat book. basicly add a commented out text block near the top of netcat.c and recompile I tried this with about 20 lines of random hex and uploaded it to www.virustotal.com with great success.

Has anyone had success with exe encryptors? I've tried telock and it seems to have little effect on AV detectability.

Jim