Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: nmap

From: "kevin horvath" <kevin.horvath () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:59:58 -0400

-P0 and -PN are the same thing it just has changed in the newer
version of nmap.  Most likely you are running into some form of
reverse proxy be it a load balancer or application layer firewall.
Essentially it responds to all ports as being open and then denies or
permits all traffic depending on the traffic.  Although this is pretty
odd as most are configured to drop a packet all together or send a RST
packet back to kill the connection so that its state tables dont fill
up.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Fábio Russo