Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pass-The-Hash Toolkit v1.2 released.

From: "rajat swarup" <rajats () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:54:17 -0500

On Jan 21, 2008 11:37 AM, Hernan Ochoa <hernan () gmail com> wrote:
Pass-The-Hash Toolkit v1.2 is available.

What is Pass-The-Hash Toolkit?

The Pass-The-Hash Toolkit contains utilities to manipulate the Windows
Logon Sessions mantained by the LSA (Local Security Authority)
component. These tools allow you to list the current logon sessions
with its corresponding NTLM credentials (e.g.: users remotely logged
in thru Remote Desktop/Terminal Services), and also change in runtime
the current username, domain name, and NTLM hashes (YES, PASS-THE-HASH
on Windows!).

Sometimes the workstations do not store the LM Hashes.  The iam.exe
utility requires us to pass LM & NTLM hashes...what should we pass for
LM hash if we only have the MS Cached credentials?

Thanks and regards,
--
Rajat Swarup

http://rajatswarup.blogspot.com/